Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Motorcycle license and registration

I got to work today and there was another motorcycle in the area that I park.  95% of the time I’m the only one there on 2 wheels.  This was a pretty beat up Yamaha, either an R6 or R1.  It had black-painted fairings with no stickers and I don’t know the Yamahas as well as Honda so I couldn’t tell at a glance.

What I DID notice was the lack of inspection sticker and out of date license place.  Now I THINK the inspection sticker just has to be with the motorcycle so I may have just missed it but the license was obvious.

What’s wrong with people?  In Texas, a motorcycle inspection costs just over $12, assuming the bike will pass.   There’s currently no emissions test so they pretty much just look for working lights, installed mirrors, and some tread on the tires.  The license tag is also only around $35-45 depending on where you live so that’s no big dealer either.

So it really pisses me off when people can’t follow some basic laws and pay their part.

No comments: