Monday, October 09, 2006

Let the griping begin!!!

Well, here it is. I'm starting this blog, just to see how much I gripe about stuff! Ok, so that's not necessarily (geez, did I spell that right?) what it's for but I thought it would be interesting what happens. There may likely be "positive" gripes which might be better tagged as "My Like for the Day", but we'll see.

Everybody knows how it is. You head into work and somebody cuts you off on the road with no turn signal and when you had the right of way. Or, you hear something on the news about something overseas, something in your country/state/city/community, and it just sticks with you for the day. I think that's what this will turn out to be. I'm not sure if I will try to avoid "repeat" gripes or I'll just go with whatever comes to mind first thing in the morning. We'll have to wait and see.

So, I'm going to tweak the layout of the page a little first. I'm not sure if I'll post an actual gripe today or not. I had a few ideas earlier but the initial setup has taken my morning free time already. Of course, my boss called in sick today, so plans may change! If he reads this, I was just kidding!

Oh, and about the URL. I tried a few simple ones, but gripe.blogspot.com was taken already, although there hasn't been a post since 2001! I thought about shortening Gripe Of the Day to make god.blogspot.com! I suspected that it might get a lot of hits, but I didn't want to be misleading. It didn't matter anyway, as somebody already has it. Again though, there hasn't been a post in a long time. Expanding to GOTD would have worked, but apparently there is a "Girl Of The Day" with that URL. So, I went with part of the sentence, "All you ever do is gripe, gripe, gripe.", and there you have it.

As a final note, nothing I put here will be intended as a personal attack. Don't worry, because I don't intend to single out any one person (except maybe foreign heads of state because they represent their people) and if I do put a gripe that appears to be directed at you personally, don't worry. There's bound to be others like you!

No comments: